Friday, November 13, 2009

UK FAN EVENT NEW MOON - Recap by @IrishTwiSisters



Quick(ish) recap of New Moon Fan Event on Wednesday - RT PLS - I was supposed to be attending the press conference on behalf of an american affiliate of mine and my name had been sent forward to E1. E1 had requested names for the press conference from many fansites. However they neglected to tell anyone any details after that and after several people (myself included) flew to London for it we were told then that E1 had decided to only invite the big magazines & Tv channels (Like OK mag!!!) Anyway it was very disappointing but I got on with it.

Thanks for all the love we got for tweeting from the event yesterday. @IrishTwiFans and I had a crazy busy day - we flew over, met twi girls, went to pick up other twi peeps at Kings Cross to get them to the event - got THEM all into the event only to be told that OUR 2 tickets couldnt be found!! An admin error on their part! After many phone calls between our contact in Dublin & E1 & Event organisers we eventually got in just b4 the start. It was a nuisance but we didnt let it stop us enjoying ourselves and tweeting our hearts out. I dread to see my phone bill (click donate button on blog to help - LOL)- will defo have to hide that bill from the hubby.

@lorrainecawley and a friend (Shivvy) had saved us spots up near the the stage and we had a great view - at least until a 6ft cousin IT impersonator busted her way in to stand in front of me. My 5ft squat little self wasnt going to see anything so i moved to the side so i could video the Q & A.

The stars got a great reception - they all looked relaxed and happy. Chriz Weitz is very funny and I have a little crush on him now. They were on stage for about 30 minutes (I have all the audio - will upload soon). After they left we had a couple more bands and then 10 minutes of New Moon footage which was nothing new to anyone who had watched all the recently released clips from the states.





After a long day, I was in a lot of pain (impending surgery- nothing to worry about) and ended up getting a taxi back to the hostel with @lorrainecawley & @IrishTwiFans who were my saviours and looked after me with painkillers, bananas, yoghurts, wine & then mcdonalds supplied at 1am by Shivvy, @foundmyedward & @trisha_hop . They all rock.

The craziness continued this morning - we barely made the train to gatwick and then my boarding card wouldnt scan - which resulted in @IrishTwiFans & myself running (& hobbling in my case) all over the airport and then poor @IrishTwiFans pushing me in a wheelchair to the gate (she made me giggle the whole way and wave at people like i was the queen). Then she bought me ice cream - maybe she is my new crush xoxo - We finally made it home to Dublin minus one of our twi girlies (flippin ryanair nonsense) but she has since made it home safe & sound.

It was an eventful and brilliant day and I saw the holy trinity...EPIC!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

New Moon Clip

New Moon - Werewolves clip

Comic Con

Yoinked from Heat world